Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Request for Proposal
Pre-Design of Burnsville City Hall/Police and Maintenance Buildings
City staff have identified eight guiding principles to serve as the foundation for the planning process: Welcoming to the Community, Efficient and Effective, Clear Communication, Sustainable, Functional and Flexible, Healthy, Safe and Fiscally Responsible.
Key study objectives include:
- Design welcoming, well-organized facilities oriented to serving our community and promoting inclusion and belonging
- Engage project stakeholders during all architectural and design phases
- Design high-quality facilities that reflect our values of innovation, collaboration and excellence
- Design a building plan and site plan that is functional for current services and flexible for future changes to services
- Ensure design uses LEED as a guide for design elements
- Design meets or exceeds requirements for ADA, building and zoning codes, and wellness goals
- Design spaces that are safe, secure and welcoming while providing a great public experience
- Municipal Facility Pre-Design – Architect and Engineering Services
- Municipal Facility Pre-Design – Construction Manager (as Agent)
- 2022 Municipal Facility Space Needs Assessment
- 2022 Municipal Facility Space Needs Assessment – Appendices
Please provide six original copies and one electronic copy of your responses to this Request for Proposal. Following the review of the received Requests for Proposals by the City, firms may be contacted for additional information or to participate in an interview process.
Submission Timeline: These copies are to be received at the offices of the City of Burnsville no later than 4 p.m. on Sept. 2
Proposals should be directed and delivered to:
|City of Burnsville - Municipal Facilities Pre-Design|
Attn: Garrett Beck
100 Civic Center Parkway
Burnsville, MN 55337
Please direct questions in writing to Garrett Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.