Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Request for Proposals for Auditing of City of Burnsville Annual Financial Statements
Questions and Responses | Updated Sept. 18, 2020
The City of Burnsville (City) is requesting proposals from qualified firms of Certified Public Accountants to audit its annual financial statements for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2020, with the option, upon mutual agreement, of auditing the financial statements for each of the four subsequent fiscal years. The audit of the City is to be performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. The City will also require a single audit for the year 2020 and may require a single audit in future years.
Proposal Due Date: Thursday, Sept. 25 at 4 p.m.
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.