Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Requests for Proposal
Call for Developers: Land for Sale
The City of Burnsville is seeking developers to submit formal offers for an approximately 2.32-acre parcel at the NE corner of Southcross Drive and Portland Avenue in Burnsville, Minnesota 55337 (Parcel ID Number 02-03000-86-020).
Zoning, Previous Approvals and Environmental Document
The parcel is guided low density residential (2-6 units per acre) and currently zoned R-2 (two family residential district), PUD (Planned Unit Development). At minimum, any changes from the original proposal will require a PUD amendment and Final Plat.
Proposers are required to submit one (1) electronic proposal.
Please remit proposals and direct questions to:
|Regina Dean, Assistant Community Development Director|
City of Burnsville
100 Civic Center Parkway
Burnsville, MN 55337
- Proposals must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, December 20, 2021.
- Review completed by Dec. 29, 2021.
- Anticipated approval of purchase and development contract: spring 2022.
- See full proposal for additional timeline details.
To evaluate the alternatives and select the appropriate Developer, the City is requesting the following information:
- The property shall be purchased for immediate development and details of the development must be stated in the RFP submittal.
- Description of the Developers proposed project.
- Conceptual designs including a site plan and elevations or renderings.
- The offered price
- The proposed schedule for development
- Description of the benefits your proposed project brings to the City including:
- Land sale price
- Projected tax revenues
- Other benefits to the City
- Market studies or assumptions regarding the financial feasibility of the proposed usage
- Information regarding the experience and qualifications of the proposer including the following:
- Name and location of similar project(s)
- Description of similar project(s)
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.