2022 Election Dates
- State and Local Primary - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Find your voting location at https://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us.
Note - You may have a NEW Polling Place. Precinct boundaries have changed due to the results of the 2020 census and the revised legislative districts.
The Minnesota Secretary of State Office allows you to search for election results by City, County, State and Congressional offices.
Get Ready to Vote
- Register to vote (Early registration [20 days prior] will help to avoid long lines at the polls)
- Update your voter registration
(Required for address or name change)
- Check to see if you’re registered to vote
- Preview a sample ballot
In-Person Voting on Election Day
If you wish to vote in person on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 there are only a few things you need to know:
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Find your polling/voting location
- In Minnesota, you can register to vote or update your voter registration at your polling location on Election Day
- Learn what you need to bring to register on Election Day
Vote In-Person Before Election Day
Any Minnesota voter can apply to vote early in-person.
- Burnsville residents can apply and vote in-person at Burnsville City Hall during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and Saturday, Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Applications are available at City Hall.
- You will receive a ballot on-site to vote
- Direct balloting starts one week before election day where voters can place their ballot directly into the ballot counter to be counted immediately
Any Minnesota voter may apply to have an absentee ballot sent to them – no reason needs to be given and the voter is not required to be out of their precinct on Election Day. Absentee ballots can be returned by mail or dropped off at Burnsville City Hall. There are only a few steps to take when voting absentee:
- Request an absentee ballot at www.mnvotes.org
- Once you have your ballot, carefully read the included instructions on how to complete the ballot
- Return the ballot to the Ballot Dropbox or mail the ballot back as soon as possible. It will be opened and counted within a week prior to Election Day
Hand delivered or Ballot Dropbox ballots will be received at Burnsville City Hall until 3 p.m. on Election Day.
Ballot Drop Box Location: 100 Civic Center Parkway