Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Subscribe to email notification of open requests for bids and proposals.
The City of Burnsville posts information regarding current advertisements for bids, and the results from previous bids on QuestCDN.
Projects Accepting Bids
Previous Project Bid Results
Requests for Proposal
Public Art Opportunity
The City of Burnsville is seeking artists, landscape architects, and/or placemaking experts (further referred to as the “consultant”) to propose public art projects that will be integrated into the design of the planned “Fire Station 1” which is being constructed at 14275 Newton Avenue in Burnsville, Minn.
Qualified candidates are required to submit one (1) electronic copy of the material described in the RFQ Content section.
Proposal Due Date: Thursday, May 21 at 4:30 p.m.
These dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Thursday, April 23 at 9:30 a.m.: Live Zoom conference call for those considering submitting a response to ask questions.
- May 21 - June 9: The City will review submissions
- Tuesday, June 9: Interviews for those whose qualifications most appropriately meet the City’s needs (held via Zoom)
- Tuesday, June 16: Potential secondary interviews (held via Zoom)
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.