Prescription Drug Drop-Off Program
Pharmaceutical experts offer the best resource for safe handling and will be leading collection efforts for the public to dispose of prescription drugs going forward.
Burnsville Drop-off Location
12751 Nicollet Ave Burnsville, MN 55337
The drug drop-off program follows Pharmacy hours of operation. This location accepts controlled substances and does not accept sharps, aerosols, inhalers, illicit drugs and chemotherapy waste.
How to Drop Off Your Medicine
- Drop-off is safe and anonymous. No ID is required and no questions will be asked
- Use a marker to cross out your name on the medicine containers
- Keep creams, gels, liquids and powders in their original container and place the container in a clear plastic bag (bags are available at the drop-off site)
- Pills in bottles should be emptied into a clear plastic bag. Write the name of the medicine on the bag and take the empty pill bottle home for disposal
- Pills still in blister packs and medicine that is no longer in its original container should be placed in a clear plastic bag. Write the name of the medicine on the bag
- Place plastic bags with medicine in the designated drop box
Examples of Accepted Medication
- Blister packs
- Capsules and pills
- Creams and gels
- IV bags
Items That Are Not Accepted
- Fever thermometers
- Medicines from businesses, including health care facilities, long-term care facilities, pharmacies, doctors offices and veterinary clinics
Needles, sharps and thermometers can be brought to the Recycling Zone in Eagan (3365 Dodd Road, 651-905-4520) for free, environmentally-safe disposal.
For questions after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends, please call the Dakota Communications Center at 952-322-2323.
For drop box locations in other locations visit Dakota County Sheriff’s Drug Drop-Off
Prescription drug resources are available at Partnership for Drug-Free Kids