Recycling & Trash
Dakota Valley Recycling
Burnsville’s recycling department is called Dakota Valley Recycling (DVR). DVR is a partnership department shared with the Cities of Apple Valley, Eagan, and Lakeville. DVR connects residents and businesses to recycling, composting, and waste disposal information. Dakota Valley Recycling is not a drop-off facility and does not accept any materials for recycling.
Visit the Dakota Valley Recycling website for detailed recycling information.
All residents and commercial properties, including multifamily, in Dakota County must recycle a designated list of materials and all haulers serving Dakota County must accept these items.
- Don't use plastic bags. Place recyclables loose in your recycling cart or in a paper bag
- Empty and dry bottles, jars and containers - doesn't have to be perfect, just mostly free of residue
- Leave caps on containers
- Empty and flatten boxes
- Check the Recycling Guide if you're not sure about an item
Setting Up Recycling and Trash Service
The City licenses companies to collect garbage and recycling for residents. The City of Burnsville does not pick up trash and recycling or negotiate pricing.
The below list of companies are licensed by the city and Burnsville residents are welcome to shop around and solicit service from any of these haulers. Each hauler sets their own rates for service.
- Trash and recycling are collected weekly at the curb between 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the day selected by the hauler.
- Haulers offer weekly curbside garbage pick up and weekly curbside recycling pick up unless otherwise noted
- Yard waste service is optional, and is typically an added price
- Various trash container sizes and rates may be available
- Recycling service is always included
2023 Residential Trash and Recycling Licensed Haulers
Click on each hauler’s name below for more information.
|Aspen Waste Systems||612-884-8008|
|Randy's Environmental Services||763-972-3335|
|Waste Management ||952-890-1100|
2023 Commercial Garbage and Recycling
The City licenses companies to collect garbage and recycling for businesses; the City itself does not pick up trash and recycling. Businesses are responsible for contacting companies and setting up their own recycling and garbage services.
|Dem-Con Companies||763-780-0404 |
Dakota County Recycling Resources
- Recycling Guide
- Business Recycling Program
- Event Recycling Requirements and Resources
- Multifamily Recycling Program
- School Recycling Program
- Environmental Education Resources including article templates, handouts and activity kits to educate about recycling, organics, household hazardous waste and waste prevention
- Reduce and Reuse Map - find local repair, rental and donation options near you
- Recycling at Home poster - quick reference for what to place in your recycling cart