Residential Building Permit

Issued To

  • A homeowner who owns and occupies the home, and is completing the work
  • A licensed master plumber who is contracted to do the work

Icon of two pieces of paperPaper/Mailed Application

Icon of computer mouse pointer clickingOnline Application

Licensed contractors and homeowner can apply online for residential projects. 

  • Roofing
  • Siding, Fascia and Soffits
  • Windows
  • Remodel
  • Deck
  • New Home
  • Addition
  • Retaining Walls
  • Any other residential project


Permits must be obtained before every project

Additional Requirements



Looking for permits that have been pulled for a particular property in the past? Burnsville's permit search by address, contractor, etc. is temporarily unavailable. Please submit a public data request or contact the Building Inspections Department at 952-895-4444 to obtain that information.

Questions? Contact

Building Inspections Department
100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville, Minn. 55337