Join Our Team!
We create great experiences for our employees so they do the same for our community.
In Burnsville, organizational culture is one of our six strategic priorities – as important as safety, community engagement, community vibrancy, sustainability and infrastructure. Together, we strive to be a vibrant city, boldly leading and welcoming to all. We know that starts with each of our employees and the unique strengths they bring to us every day.
Total Rewards Package
Our 2023 Total Rewards Package is focused on you, designed to take care of you, no matter what life throws your way. We believe that is what great culture is all about. Here you will make a difference and guide others to do the same, and together we will help make Burnsville a great place to live, work and play.
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave
- Up to four weeks bereavement or caregiver leave
- Sick leave, generous vacation days and 13 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plus options for employee-plus and family coverage
- In 2023, employer yearly contribution to HSA or HRA/VEBA plans of $3,000 for single and $4,800 for employee-plus and family coverage
- Retirement benefits through the Public Employees Retirement Association including a generous city contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, up to $5,000 per year
- All new hires start with five days of front-loaded vacation and are credited vacation equivalency based on related work experience
- And that's just the beginning...
Grow Your Strengths Every Day
Burnsville University (BU), our organizational university, is your home for everything training and development. BU helps us be our best with a wide range of meaningful learning opportunities. Our comprehensive onboarding path engages new employees right from the start with a year-long experience focused on building community and learning our commitment to our values of collaboration, innovation and excellence.
- Collaboration: We value people and perspectives
- Innovation: We are on the leading edge
- Excellence: We expect the best
Our Commitment to Belonging
As a strengths-based organization, we celebrate what is right with people. We want you to have the opportunity to do what you do best every day and understand how your strengths make you uniquely equipped to contribute to our work.
We honor our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions, as well as the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences so that each person can feel like they belong here.
We’re glad you found us, and we look forward to getting to know you. If you need any assistance with the application process, reach out to our HR department through email or give us a call at 952-895-4477.
- How can I add or edit information on my online job application?
- How can I verify that my application was received?
- When will I hear back on a submitted job application?
- How long is the hiring process?
- What will I experience throughout the application process?
- Do I have to submit a separate application for each posting that I am interested in applying for?
- What if I am not chosen?
- What if I need special testing accommodations?