Will I lose trees in my yard?
The City strives to protect trees to the greatest extent possible on all street reconstruction and rehabilitation projects. Ash trees, trees that are within the right-of-way, trees that obstruct sight lines at intersections, and trees that overhang the roadway may require trimming or outright removal. Design staff will identify potentially problematic trees, and will work with the City Forester to determine if trimming or removal may be necessary. As part of the Neighborhood Meeting process, the City Forester will be available to meet with residents and answer specific questions about potential tree impacts.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between reconstruction, reclamation and rehabilitation?
2. How are streets selected for reconstruction, reclamation and rehabilitation?
3. How will the City communicate project progress and updates with residents and business owners?
4. Will I lose trees in my yard?
5. Will my mail service or garbage service be interrupted?
6. How are impacts to irrigation systems and landscape elements dealt with during and after construction?
7. How are street improvement projects paid for?
8. Why is there a special assessment, and how is it calculated?
9. When will I know what my assessment is?
10. What options do I have to pay my assessment?
11. What is a typical project schedule?
12. Can I have my whole driveway replaced as part of the street project and pay for it through my assessment?
13. I’ve received solicitations from contractors offering to perform work on my property. Is this legal? Does the City regulate these contractors?
14. How do I find information about easements?